The safety and well-being of our patients, staff, and doctors is our #1 priority
We are taking the following steps to ensure the safe delivery of eyecare to you and your family upon our re-opening:
· We will be screening all staff and patients for COVID-19 symptoms. If you are experiencing an onset of symptoms since booking your appointment, please call the office to reschedule.
· We ask that upon entering our clinic, please immediately disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer.
· We ask that if you have a properly fitting mask that you wear it to your appointment and keep it on during the duration of your time in the clinic. Cloth or procedure masks that lay flat against the face are preferred.
· Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
· All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks, and face-shields (when appropriate)
· Patient flow into the office will be controlled and all patients entering the office will require an appointment. Please arrive at your scheduled appointment time.
· We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone (exceptions include caregivers and translators).
· We will be practicing safe-distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
· We have spaced out the waiting-room chairs accordingly and every chair will be disinfected between each use.
· We are aware of common “touchpoints” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboards, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these often.
· All instruments that patients come in contact with will be thoroughly disinfected between each patient.
· Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.
· Safety barriers have been put in front of our reception desk and dispensing areas.
· Our team will be offering assistance for frame selections. All frames will be thoroughly cleaned with soap and water after handling.
We appreciate your understanding and efforts in helping us comply with the protocols laid out by the Ontario College of Optometrists and the Ministry of Health. What hasn’t changed is our commitment to providing the highest level of eye care to our patients! We look forward to seeing you soon!